This is my path…
A journey of building life around what really matters — while taking time to enjoy and appreciate the simple things of life.
And discovering along the way…
The deep contentment — of learning to count my blessings and show gratitude. And instead of always wishing for more, realizing that that I Already Have Enough.
More peace and tranquility — by eliminating unnecessary things and commitments, and the stress they often bring.
The simple joy — of delighting in everyday, simple things, valuing people and experiences more than things.
Greater purpose — through loving and serving God and others more. And making a difference in this world, in some small way.
“Simplicity is the first cousin of contentment. Its motto is, ‘We brought nothing into this world, and we can certainly carry nothing out.’ It recognizes that we are pilgrims. It concentrates on what we need, and measures this by what we use. It rejoices in the good things of creation, but hates waste and greed and clutter. It knows how easily the seed of the Word is smothered by the cares and riches of this life. It wants to be free of distractions, in order to love and serve God and others.” — John Stott
- Sheila can mean contented heart and it’s one of my life goals.
- I’m a happily married wife of over 40 years, mother of 2, and nonna to 9 grandchildren.
- I am also a missionary in Italy, where my husband and I have served nearly 30 years.
- I think with a pen, love the written word, and read most everything, even cereal boxes!
- Along our journey of over 50 moves and all kinds of ministry we’ve lived in everything from tents to tarantula-infested campers (shudder), and from nice apartments to ex-chicken coops, so cozy the chickens kept returning!
- Simple living, earth care, and finding creative ways to show love in action are very important to me.
- I’d love to live in a camper and travel the world. But I can’t convince Hubby.
- I don’t like shopping. It stresses me out.
- I love hedgehogs, butterflies, ladybugs, flowers, vegetable gardens, chickens, goats, birds, and cats.
- I have a dread fear of anything with more than 6 legs.
- I am an INFJ on the Meyers-Briggs personality chart. The rarest of personalities they say. (Which really just means I’m weird.)
- My true treasures are my husband, family, and many friends around the world. Things are merely useful tools — but among them…
- My prized possessions are my cuckoo clock, wool blankets, window screens and shutters, water bottles, pellet stove, feather pillow, and my garden.
- My favorite foods are pizza , pasta, espresso, Pocket Coffee, Tiramisu, and gelato. (Am I in the right nation, or what?) 🙂
- My favorite places in all the world are Middle Earth and Narnia — they are real, you know!
I’m glad you’re here and I’m glad to meet you!
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.